He took a little child and had him stand among them.
Taking him in his arms he said to them, “Whoever welcomes one of these children in my name welcomes me and whoever welcomes me
does not welcome me but the one who sent me.”
NURSERY MISSION STATEMENT
To share God’s love with our children by ministering to their needs in a caring and nurturing environment. We wish to help children have a positive feeling about coming to church and to encourage the active participation of parents
in worship, study, and other activities.
The nursery opens 15 minutes before the first service or activity or meeting and closes 15 minutes after the final service or activity has ended. Please label all of your child’s belongings and, if at all possible, do not bring personal toys to the nursery.
* We do not use latex gloves in our nursery, and we do not provide snacks containing nuts.
* For the protection of your child and the other children, please do not bring your child to the nursery if he or she appears to be ill. This would include a fever, vomiting, or diarrhea in the past 24 hours. Also, significant nasal drainage which is yellow or green in color or any symptom of communicable disease such as chickenpox, measles, pink eye, or contagious skin rash or infection.
* Nursery workers are not legally allowed to give your child any medication. Please do not put any medication in your child’s bottle or cup.
* If your child develops a fever or other symptoms of illness while in the nursery, we will page you.
* If your child develops an infectious disease after being in the nursery, please contact the Nursery Director as soon as possible so we may notify other parents of their child’s exposure.
* If your child has a physical or emotional need that may require special care, please contact the Nursery
Director so that we may better serve your child.
* All toys children play with in the nursery are washed at the end of each session.
* We will check diapers every hour and change soiled diapers immediately. We’ll put a sticker on the diaper so you will know it has been changed. Please provide your own diapers.
* Nursery workers are required to wash and/or sanitize their hands every time they use the restroom, change a
diaper, wipe a child’s nose, etc.
Our nursery has a paging system in place to protect your child. When you bring your child to the nursery, sign your child in to the nursery registry and write his/her name on the sticker with the coordinating number. The caregiver will then issue you a pager with the same number as the child’s sticker.
* When signing in your child, it is extremely important that the information is accurate and complete. Please use the “Special Instructions” space to write anything you feel the caregiver should know about your child during his/her stay in the nursery.
* When you pick up your child, please return your pager to the caregiver. The caregiver will double check the number against your child’s sticker.
* Mothers who are nursing are very welcome in the nursery – we have provided rockers and a quiet space in the infant room for you to nurse. We encourage you to also provide a bottle for your baby in case your return is delayed.
* Infants will be fed pre-mixed formula, milk, juice, or water as provided in your bottle or cup.
* In the event that your child gets fussy, a nut-free snack of crackers and water may be offered. Please inform staff if you do not wish for your child to receive a snack.
* If your child is allergic to anything, please tell the nursery workers and also make a note on the Nursery
* The caregivers will use books, games, music, and activities so that your child has a fun and positive experience while in our care.
* We’ll make every effort to soothe a crying infant or toddler. In the event that an infant or child cries inconsolably ( for 15 minutes), the parent will be paged.
* We will page the parent if a child’s behavior is compromising the safety of the other children.
NURSERY STAFF QUALIFICATIONS
In addition to meeting the requirements of the job description, paid persons working in the nursery have had First Aid and CPR training. These persons also have passed criminal background and reference checks.
HOW PARENTS CAN HELP
Parents are welcomed and encouraged to volunteer in the nursery! Please see our Nursery Coordinators if you are interested in assisting us with this invaluable ministry.
Tracy Fennemore & Janna Whitenight, Nursery Ministry Coordinators
Church office ( (302) 697-8400
Wyoming United Methodist Church
216 Wyoming Mill Road
Dover, Delaware 19904