My dearest sisters and brothers,
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. In my prayers for the churches of the Dover District, God has been stirring my heart to lead the clergy and laity of our District on another spiritual pilgrimage, this time to the Holy Land.
Rev. Dennis Derr, a retired clergy from the Susquehanna Conference, serving at Carey’s United Methodist Church and Camp in Millsboro and Director of Travel Ministry with Educational Opportunities Tours, will be assisting me. Rev. Derr has visited the Holy Land many times while building relationships with local people there and will be instrumental in serving our purpose for spiritual renewal. Please note the following and the information on the attached brochure/registration form.
- This “journey of a lifetime” will include: The Sea of Galilee, Capernaum, Mount of Beatitudes, Cana, Nazareth, Megiddo, Caesarea, Jericho, Qumran, the Mount of Olives, Bethlehem, and Jerusalem. We are planning opportunities for devotion and prayer at key sites, and visiting United Methodist missions.
- You will walk where Jesus walked. You will see how the Land is the Fifth Gospel. You will encounter the Word of God in the Land of the Book and gain new insight into the meaning of familiar biblical passages. You will gain an appreciation for the historical and geographical settings of the biblical story. You will also have opportunity to interact with the people who live in this land; and gain an understanding of the role of faith in the current political and religious situation in this land which is “home” to the three great monotheistic faiths: Jewish, Christian, and Islam.
- You will grow in your relationship with Jesus Christ, and deepen your spiritual connection with those who make the journey with you. Imagine the impact this journey will have upon your church as you return from the Holy Land 19 days before Christmas!
- The 10-day Holy Land Classic trip is November 27 to December 6, 2018.
- The cost is $2,898 per person. Clergy will receive CEU’s, so they may use continuing education funds to help cover the cost.
- The cost includes your round-trip airfare, first-class hotels, full breakfast and dinner, deluxe motor coach transportation, licensed guide, and admission to all sites. EO has a good reputation for operating the best Holy Land program at the best cost.
- I ask you to pray about joining me on this spiritual pilgrimage. Those who register early will save money. You may make monthly payments. EO handles the finances. All money must be paid three months before departure. You will need a Passport! There will be additional announcements and informational meetings. Dennis and Diane Derr are willing to come to any church for an informational meeting. Those who feel led to join this spiritual pilgrimage for renewal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to having you along on this Dover District Holy Land spiritual pilgrimage. I am honored and humbled to be in ministry for our Lord with you.
Rev. Dr. Kyung-Hee Sa